TLR Coaching Monthly Newsletter
Did you know that “The White House Easter Egg Roll” event has been celebrated by the President of the United States and their families since 1878. Easter Sunday has traditionally been the day the entire family gets together. We have our Easter egg hunt (which I never won L), exchange stories over a wonderful dinner. And just enjoy each others company. I hope you can do the same this year. May you have a wonderful Easter!
Fun Easter Facts
- Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ in the Christian religion.
- “The White House Easter Egg Roll” event has been celebrated by the President of the United States and their families since 1878.
- Americans spend $1.9 billion on Easter candy. That’s the second biggest candy holiday after Halloween.
- Easter takes place on a Sunday, after the 40-day period called Lent. Lent is referred to as a time of fasting, but participants focus more on giving up one significant indulgence.
- Egg dyes were once made out of natural items such as onion peels, tree bark, flower petals, and juices.
- The first story of a rabbit (later named the “Easter Bunny”) hiding eggs in a garden was published in 1680.
- Holy Week is the celebrated during the week leading up to Easter. It begins on Palm Sunday, continues on to Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and then finally, Easter Sunday.
As we continue this new journey of lifestyle resolutions here are some Easter quotes.
Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song. Pope John Paul II
God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, 'I love you.' Billy Graham
Here is the amazing thing about Easter; the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible. T. D. Jakes
An Easter poem for you.
Easter is a time of miracles
and a chance for man’s redemption.
It started many years ago
And was a plan of God’s invention.
He sent to us his only Son
Whose love for us was great.
He died on the cross and rose again
To save us all from our sin
such as blasphemy and hate.
As your coach I have two questions to ask:
1. How have you experienced the love of God?
2. Have you been redeemed?
Ready to give your heart to the Lord. Here’s the prayer for you.
Jesus, You died upon a cross
And rose again to save the lost
Forgive me now of all my sin
Come be my Savior, Lord, and Friend
Change my life and make it new
And help me, Lord, to live for You.
Now go find yourself a good bible based church and have a great month!
Your Life Coach
CONNECT WITH ME